Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay Forum

A forum for me and my friends to write on.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beginnings in Zaphis

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Euse

Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Eliana said something, but whatever was said wasn't important. Goldy's attention was held by something else. She watched as Eliana's hand reached into a bag and pulled out...

Goldy's eyes narrowed and the corners of her mouth twitched. "...is that candy?" She whispered, the words coming out high pitched. She shot towards the fae and shot out her hands, eyes pleading. "CanIhavesomeprettypleeeaseImeanIknowwedidn'tgetoffontherightfootbut~"

Out of the corner of her eye she spotted Dhadaeryn and Dweknel heading off. I'll take that as a "yes, we're ready." She didn't take her fiery gaze off of Eliana's candybag, though.

"You want a piece?" Eliana said with a smile that looked a little off. Goldy nodded excitedly as Eliana pulled a piece from the bag and held it over her open palms. Her mouth was watering as she anticipated its taste. "Should'a thought of that before you tried to kill me." Eliana popped the candy into her mouth.

Goldy let out a gasp, a hurt expression crossing over her face. Her eyebrows then furrowed and she frowned, turning away. She mumbled an insult under her breath as she ran to catch up with Dhadaeryn and Dweknel. It was easy to spot Dweknel in the crowd because of the fact he was such a giant in comparison to everyone else.

Half-way through their trek through the city she ducked into a dusty alleyway and grabbed a small cloth bag that had been laying in the shadows. Got that... should last a while or at least until we find a shop.

She continued to follow Dhadaeryn's lead. Eventually they were outside the city and standing in front of a... thing? She hadn't seen anything like it before in Nueven. However, it was large and had wheels, so it had to be some sort of thing they'd ride in. It sure looked cool. However, how would it move without an animal or two to lead it?

"I don't have to get in that do I?" Dweknel asked. Hmm... how would that turn out? She walked over to the thingy and placed the hand that wasn't holding her bag on it curiously, a small smile on her face. The wood was rough and poked at her palm. She pulled her hand away. Could they all fit in it without it breaking?

She glanced over her shoulder at her new companions, one eyebrow raised in confusion. She saw Dweknel making himself lighter, Dhadaeryn looking disappointed, and Eliana looking awe-struck. "...how...?"

Last edited by Kitty Calamity on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Meme Queen

Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Eliana yawned, bored of her surroundings. Nobody responded to her snide remark, even though she thought it was chuckle worthy. Taking a small piece of candy out of her bag, she popped it in her mouth when Goldy spoke up to her. "...is that candy?"

Hm? She raised a brow, curious of the bounty hunters sudden behavior. "Uh yeah- It is." She said, crunching down on the piece in her mouth to break it in half. Goldy then shot out her hands, begging like a small child would have. She quickly pulled the bag to her side, away from her. "CanIhavesomeprettypleeeaseImeanIknowwedidn'tgetoffontherightfootbut~" Eliana rolled her eyes. "You want a piece?" She smiled, it was clear that the grin was fake. She pulled out another piece of candy and held it out to Goldy, ready to drop it in her palms when suddenly; "Should'a thought of that before you tried to kill me." She put the piece in her mouth, her smile sinking into a frown. Hmpf. Maybe she was being a bit petty, however this was just common behavior for her, although a bit childish.

When she had finished taunting the bounty hunter, she walked forward to follow the giant of a man and the prince. When she had fully caught up, she noticed the vehicle. Kind of cool, had anybody asked her. Though, no horses or anything to pull it. She was curious on how this would work, and looked to Dhadaeryn. She knew though that he wouldn't have answered her questions, so she stayed silent and looked to Dweknel. He was attempting to make himself lighter. She chuckled. "That's not gonna make much of a difference." She muttered, then took another piece of candy. She didn't have many left.

Eliana was actually rather excited to ride in whatever this thing was- walking on her feet most of her life, it would be a nice change to take a ride in something that isn't a boat or a wagon. She looked at the vehicle with a bit of awe. It'll be a lot quicker than walking, that's for sure. Her thoughts giving her a sense of relief.
Back to top Go down
Ezoroth
Gamemaster
Ezoroth

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Dhadaeryn looked to Dweknel and raised a brow. He walked slowly over to Goldy.

"If you can run for extended periods of time, then sure. We'll be splitting up when we get into towns in Frundonmir. Dweknel, you just bring too much attention to yourself, and it'll be immensely worse when among the Dwarves. Eliana, you need to get less showy clothing or we may very well lose our heads, and Goldy."

He paused, and then leaned closer to her ear.

"You're sticking to me like glue. I have no combat abilities myself, and it'll be easier for me to gather information if I have you close by. There's also something that I need you to search for in particular."

He then addressed them all again while getting into the vehicle.

"Eliana, you will be driving. I don't know how much experience you have with magic, but this vehicle fuels off of it. Apparently there's a rune for acceleration etched into the wheel." he fumbled around to locate it. "Yeah, right here... I think."

Truth be told, he had no knowledge of using magic, or what the runes were. All he knew is that he could figure out when somebody was using magic.

"Uh, basically accelerate us forward and steer with the wheel. One last thing. For reasons of safety, I am not Prince Dhadaeryn anymore, I am just Ryn, a commoner from Basmotos. As long as we stick to this, we won't have to deal with anybody from Frundonmir. I will inform you when we get to the city what we are doing."

He then got into the back.

"We probably should refrain from calling me Dhadaeryn in the minor towns of Fedonia, too. If anybody catches sound of my travels, our visit to Frundonmir will be much harder."
Back to top Go down
https://writing-fun.rpg-board.net
Patinpending

Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:38 pm

"If you can run for extended periods of time, then sure. We'll be splitting up when we get into towns in Frundonmir. Dweknel, you just bring too much attention to yourself..."

His eye twitched as he finally let the three hooks, which held his greatsword in place, from their prison. Then he freed himself by removing the light chest armor he was wearing. He placed his hand on his neck and stretched it. As he did this he muttered something along the lines of "Yeah you right."

He went on about some other shit about calling him by a different name. It wasn't a concept all that foreign to him.

He picked up everything he had stripped himself of and put it in the whatchamadoogy. He noticed that it lowered just a little bit closer to the ground. He looked at Dhadaeryn again, this time actually speaking directly at him. "You can touch but don't clean...Ryn. It's dirty and scratched for a reason." He looked at Goldy "I want my shirt back when you're not see through" then looked at Eliana and mouthed the words "Do what you want."

To be honest he was already getting tired of Warwick Davis over there barking orders. 
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Goldy watched as Dhadaeryn walked over to her. He was talking to Dweknel over his shoulder. "If you can run for extended periods of time, then sure."

He stopped and turned around, addressing everybody. "We'll be splitting up when we get into towns in Frundonmir. Dweknel, you just bring too much attention to yourself, and it'll be immensely worse when among the Dwarves. Eliana, you need to get less showy clothing or we may very well lose our heads, and Goldy,"

There was a pause and Goldy waited curiously as to what she would have to do. He leaned close to her ear, and she ended up bending down slightly to make it easier for him. "You're sticking to me like glue. I have no combat abilities myself, and it'll be easier for me to gather information if I have you close by. There's also something that I need you to search for in particular." With that, he climbed into the thingy.

Goldy nodded quietly, an involuntary smirk on her face. She couldn't help but be excited. First of all, she was traveling to Frundonmir for the first time. Sure, it didn't sound like that fun of a place but she was always open to experiencing new things. Second, she was going to be the little prince's bodyguard-type-thing as he did his business in the province. It gave her a sense of purpose. And third... who doesn't like playing hide-and-seek with something mysterious and probably important?

"Eliana, you will be driving. I don't know how much experience you have with magic, but this vehicle fuels off of it. Apparently there's a rune for acceleration etched into the wheel. Yeah, right here... I think."

Magic? That makes sense. Goldy thought, once more nodding curtly to herself in understanding, hesitating to get into the thingy.

"Uh, basically accelerate us forward and steer with the wheel. One last thing. For reasons of safety, I am not Prince Dhadaeryn anymore, I am just Ryn, a commoner from Basmotos. As long as we stick to this, we won't have to deal with anybody from Frundonmir. I will inform you when we get to the city what we are doing."

"Aye, aye... Ryn o'Basmotos!" She said, her smile broadening as she gave a salute and tossed her bag into the back. Dhadaeryn babbled more about the name situation, but she had zoned out. What am I getting myself into?

Dweknel dropped all his junk into the thingy. "You can touch but don't clean...Ryn. It's dirty and scratched for a reason." He then looked towards Goldy. She then remembered that she was wearing his shirt. "I want my shirt back when you're not see through"

She pulled out the collar of the shirt to see if her condition had improved. The thin fabric of her shirt had already dried enough that it would be not see-through, although fairly crinkly and cold. She'd deal with it for now and change when she got the chance. "Here." She pulled the stinky over-shirt off and handed it to him with a nervous chuckle. "Thanks, again." She then clambered into the back of the wooden thing beside Dhadaeryn. Shortly after, she reached into her bag and pulled out a blanket of which she wrapped herself up in. Might as well. The warmth made it hard for her to keep her eyes open.
Back to top Go down
Meme Queen

Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 10:54 am

Eliana watched as everybody got into the vehicle. She was rather confused, and had no idea what she was supposed to be doing- aside from getting less flashier clothes which she could've have easily done later. "Eliana, you will be driving..." She glared up at Dhaderyn with shock, although not saying anything. As he continued to explain it, she had only gotten more confused. "Drive this thing?" She had said once he finished.

She looked back to the wheel and frowned. She wasn't one to deny a challenge, but she could easily get everybody killed by messing up just once. Of course, I have to do the one thing I don't know how to do. She groaned and got in the vehicle, sitting at the wheel. There was no doubt about it; but the way she was looking around the device she was very, very confused. "Yeah just- Theres a rune. For acceleration. Sure." She mumbled under her breath, grabbing the wheel. How does this work?

She continued to flounder around with the wheel until she finally did something right- She had focused a bit more on the rune and less on the controls. They started to go forward a bit. She scowled a bit, trying to get the thing to move again when it started to push forward a bit. "I... think, I got it?" Her voice was very hesitant. "Are you sure its a good idea that I drive? Maybe that other fae- Evy whatever could drive." She grumbled under her breath, losing focus again.
Back to top Go down
Ezoroth
Gamemaster
Ezoroth

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Dhadaeryn watches with interest, his eyes and ears straining to see how Eliana controls the vehicle. It started nudging forward, almost by pure willpower and thought, and then Eliana started to speak again. Well, he got the common idea of it now.

Not really.

He liked science more.

"Evysa has a war to fight, so she cannot help. Try doing that again, but..." he thought about it for about eight seconds before responding. "Okay, so instead of just focusing on the rune, focus on what you want to do with the rune. You want the vehicle to move forward, right? Focus on that instead, and just from your sheer thought, will the vehicle to move." he went back to watching. He was just as curious as to how it worked as he, and Eliana, were confused by it. He didn't know much about magic, combat, and another short list, but who says he couldn't try learning it now?
Back to top Go down
Meme Queen

Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:54 pm

"Okay, so instead of just focusing on the rune, focus on what you want to do with the rune. You want the vehicle to move forward, right..." She heard the prince say, and with an annoyed eye roll she simply thought to herself, Duh. Starting to ignore the rest of what Dhadaeryn had to say she looked back to the rune and glared at it. Focusing on moving the car wasn't really a challenge to begin with, but being told to only focus on that was like being told not to think about an elephant dancing on a ball. Eliana just had to stop seeing it as a challenge to start the whole thing and to get it going.

Focus on the thing. Focus on the thing. Her glare was kept on the rune in the wheel, yet she wasn't sure if she was focusing correctly or not. Think about the vehicle-thing moving forward, too. Not just the rune. She scowled, her annoyance growing a bit as her glare grew stronger. Suddenly, without fully realizing it, the vehicle was moving forward again. Looking up, she noticed the slight movement. "A bit slow, isn't it?" Eliana grumbled, yet not trying to change the pace of the car. Movement was movement, and she couldn't doubt it would have been a lot easier to just take this thing. Why couldn't we just get a cart pulled by horses or whatever. Her pessimistic thoughts becoming more of an assistant than she originally thought they would've been.

Now, instead of the same pace of walking, the vehicle was moving quick enough to be considered a light jog, for her anyways.
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Goldy listened as Eliana complained about her task and Dhadaeryn tried to help her with it. It was a slow start, and she was a little worried that maybe they'd all end up stuck at the gates of Zaphis or in a ditch somewhere. Eventually, though, they were moving at a good pace.

It felt a lot like riding in a cart. It was something she had done a lot of as a kid. She would've been at complete peace if she didn't doubt Eliana's driving skills. She refrained from criticizing her, however, mostly because she was growing tired. When was the last time she slept?

However, she kept her golden eyes open and about, afraid she'd miss something.

Goldy wanted to ask Dhadaeryn - or, well, Ryn - to go into greater detail on their part of the mission. He had been vague and mysterious about it, though, so she figured that she probably shouldn't bring it up around the other two and simply wait until it was time.

She carefully shifted positions, trying to get comfortable. He's a prince, couldn't he have gotten something better than this?
Back to top Go down
Patinpending

Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Dwek was relieved to see that his shirt was being returned to him. He didn't really enjoy the thought of other people touching his stuff. As he slipped it on he took a deep breath through his nose. There were minute traces of Goldy's scent; however, his scent was still as overpowering as it was before. He closed his eyes and took more deep breathes. A warm feeling came back to him, as it normally did when he regained something he once owned, and small; weak smile was plastered on his face.

Not for long though.

The whatchamadoogy lurched forwards before stopping again. Dweknel stopped a laugh as it was just beginning to escape his mouth; it sounded kind of like a wheeze.

Dhadaeryn spoke to Eliana; then after a while the whatchamadoogy began to move again. It was by no means fast, but it was progress. Dwek began to follow them. He was able to keep up by moving somewhere between a fast walk and a jog. Occasionally he did have to speed up because he lost focus.

They had been going for a short while. Thump, thump thump. Those were the sounds of his feet as they hit the ground over and over again. It was less rhythmic and more hypnotizing. Before he knew it he began to remember his training.

He had woken up only to be met by his master reaching down and grabbing a fist full of his shirt. She dragged him out of their tent and tossed him out. "If you're going to sleep all day do it outside. If you feel like working come in and eat so we can get started already."

He looked up towards the sky. It was still incredibly dark out; it was 5am at most. He picked himself up and moved back into the tent. Although others saw it as a joke he knew his master was dead serious. She would sooner let someone freeze to death before allowing people to not work.

Flash forward a couple of hours and he was pulling her on a sleigh through 2ft of fresh snow. If he slowed down to a jog she would hit him in the head pretty hard. Her excuse was something along the lines of "I like the feeling of the wind and I can't feel the wind if your fat ass isn't running." To be honest he was anything but fat. Even at the age of 12 he was all muscle, along with a good number of scars, even if he was a bit short. This wasn't because of his genetic gifts or anything. Almost all of it was from 7 years of his masters training. She was much more kind when he was a small child but once she began to travel towards the center again she began to be harder and harder on him.

The weeks when she left for the center were even more exhausting than when she was home. Not only did he have to do his work around the camp but he also had to do hers. If he didn't he would "Both you and I will be seen as people who are a burden. So work yourself to the bone before you even think about resting." On top of all of the chores he had to deal with the people coming to challenge his master. Some walked away once he told them she wasn't there. Others would get a little too rowdy and he would have to fight them, even if he knew he had no chance of winning.

Normally he'd be pretty beat up when she'd return. She would go easy on him until he was showing signs of healing. If his condition was bad she'd even care for him. Dwek remembered the first time it happened vividly. He was no more than 10 and his master returned. Last he remembered he had been laying there in the snow, which was becoming stained with his own blood, with only the shape of a man walking away. His shoulders were moving up and down quickly as though he were laughing. However, when he woke up it smelled like shit. He turned his head slowly to look at the origin of the foul odor. It was his master. Well his master wasn't the smell; that was coming from a pot. When she noticed he was awake she didn't speak. She lifted the pot off of the flame it was sitting above before speaking.

Her tone of voice was kind of cold but it had a small- no speckle of warmth to it. It was amazing: it almost perfectly represented Wyrmenhiem. "If you get this beat up you'll be a burden on everyone. I even have to boil walnuts and do your job." After saying this she sat him up then positioned herself behind him. This allowed his body to lean against her as she attended to him. "Seriously though, if you don't get stronger soon people are gonna find out about--"

He snapped back to the present. He had completely lost his pace and the other three were a good ways ahead of him. I need to stop letting my mind wander or they'll leave me behind. To be honest if he didn't need those walnuts he would have let them leave. But he did need them, so he ran after them. It wouldn't take long before he caught up again. He would however need to watch his breathing rhythm or he'd be out of breath.

I should go see her after things wrap up with these three.
Back to top Go down
Ezoroth
Gamemaster
Ezoroth

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:36 am

Dhadaeryn was watching with curiosity. It was a somewhat slow process, but he couldn't tell much from it. He'd have to give it a go himself, but would he get them anywhere? After a little tidbit of watching Eliana drive, he sighed and leaned back, questioning his plans and what he was going to do.

War to prevent, games to play, and a client in one of his games to visit.

Maybe, they haven't visited him in a while, so they weren't able to continue their game. He looked at Goldy for a second before a smirk played onto his face, but quickly vanished. Maybe they could pay a visit to Delvy, one of the lost Angels of Hetona. Of course, only two people knew where to find Delvy.

Well, two Demons.

"Goldy, tell me about how you gather information. It's a very important factor in my plans."

Strictly business. Dhadaeryn would win some form of loyalty from her some other time, though he still didn't know how.

Maybe some candy, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:02 pm

"Goldy, tell me about how you gather information. It's a very important factor in my plans."

Goldy glanced at him, her face blank. "Well, uh..." She paused as she thought the whole process over. Her words picked up speed as they went. "I get the name, appearance, blah blah blah. Then I go to where they were last seen. There are guild members - retired, inactive, or voluntary - who stake out towns and keep their eyes on passer-bys. I get most information from them. I can usually get some good info from inns and marketplaces, too." She gave a little shrug, sticking her jaw to one side before finishing. "Sooner or later I find 'em and do my thing." As she said it, her eyes drifted to the back of Eliana's head. "Or at least I usually do..."

She touched the mechanism below one of her sleeves, though the movement couldn't be seen beneath the blanket. She vaguely remembered the day she got her first pair, fresh from Basmotos. She broke them a couple days later.
Back to top Go down
Patinpending

Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Dwek kept following the WCMD. His pace was becoming normal again. That was until a sharp pain shot through his upper right side. His wound was attempting to bring him down, make him weak. He refused to give in. His master had always taught him that pain could be, and should be ignored. More specifically "The only time you stop moving is when you win or your body doesn't work. If I EVER find out you stopped before either happens; I'll find you, and make sure you don't move again."

A chill shot up his spin as his spin as he heard his master's voice. He decided to stop before he had a heart attack.

He reached down towards where he normally kept the two small novels he owned. He let out a slow, sloppy sigh. He hoped that they wouldn't find it. He was only at a child's reading level; however, the books were around what an adult would read. He's had them for about a year now and he was barely a quarter of the way through.

Just kill me now.
Back to top Go down
Meme Queen

Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Eliana drives the vehicle, as she was told to do. Behind her, she could hear the consistent chatter between the bounty hunter and the prince, then she felt the cold glare of Goldy on the back of her head. She turned around, switching her focus from the rune to the hunter and scowled. "Sooner or later I find 'em and do my thing." The vehicle stopped moving again. "Well if you think you could've made it by just killing me, why don't you just drive this thing, then?" She moved her hands away from the rune and crossed her arms, keeping her scowl locked on Goldy. "Hm?"
Back to top Go down
Ezoroth
Gamemaster
Ezoroth

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Dhadaeryn was listening intently, but what he heard was not as much as he wanted to hear.

No interrogation experience from what she says, but she might be hiding something. He'll see eventually. He then heard Eliana start speaking, and he gave out a rather audible sigh. Without making a sound he held up the bag of candy that he snatched from Eliana just minutes before. She was so focused on her magic that she didn't notice.

"Oh, well... I guess I'll have to give the rest of this candy to Goldy then. She'll need the energy, after-all." he said in a sincerely saddened voice, and he pulled out a candy and tossed it to Goldy. "Well then, Eliana. Goldy is driving, right?" he asked, a question to why she hadn't let Goldy have the wheel. Eliana and Goldy needed to get on good terms, or else they were all going to die. If they can't get over their bad omens, they may let their animosity be the ruin of each-other.

So he was pulling some of the animosity toward himself some more, but still keeping it a bit lively between the two. He has a perfect plan.
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2015 9:23 am

The vehicle came to a stop. Goldy was somewhat surprised when Eliana popped her head around the seat, her green glare meeting her own. "Well if you think you could've made it by just killing me, why don't you just drive this thing, then?"

Huh? Goldy sneered, eyes narrowed.

There was a sigh from Dhadaeryn, and then a movement. Her eyes, now wide, shot to the bag he held in his hand. "Oh, well... I guess I'll have to give the rest of this candy to Goldy then. She'll need the energy, after-all." The bag landed in her palms, her smile growing by the second. A low giggle of excitement escaped her throat before she dug out a couple candies and tossed them in her mouth. sweetsweetsweetsweet

"Mmmmmmm~"

"Well then, Eliana. Goldy is driving, right?"

"Wait, are you serious?" Goldy sputtered, her cheeks still stuffed. As much as she loved the treatment Eliana was getting at the moment... if he actually expected her to drive... "But, uh... how can I? I don't have magic ability."
Back to top Go down
Meme Queen

Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:52 am

Eliana glared at the bag as it got tossed to the bounty hunter, by Ryn or whatever he wanted to be called now. Her animosity growing towards Goldy for instantly eating so many candies, and some animosity now aimed towards the prince, too. I'm not going to get worked up by some stupid bag filled with treats for children, am I? She huffed, trying to keep her anger down a bit.

"...I don't have magic ability." She heard Goldy say, then her mouth curved into a smirk. "Oh well, I guess we'll have to see how you handle it, right?" She shrugged carelessly. "I mean, you can try to drive it, or you can give me the candies and we can start driving again. Its up to you, now." Eliana kept her hands away from the rune, and in the process the wheel, and crossed her arms. In all honesty, if she had just been able to ignore what others said about her they could be much further than what they are-- but since Eliana's attention addiction was so strong, it didnt look like they would be able to move very soon unless the bag of candies was handed back to her and she got an apology.

Back to top Go down
Patinpending

Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Dwek was surprised to see that the WCMD had stopped. He couldn't hear exactly what was being said but anyone could tell what was going on. There was still beef between Eliana and Goldy after the whole Goldy attempting to kill her thing.

It shouldn't be that big of a deal...

It was obvious that the score between the two needed to be settled. But was now the time?

When he caught up to the car he didn't stop until he was on the side. Dwek pushed his fists into both of their heads and twisted his wrist again and again.

Dwek leaned in closer and spoke with a slight growl behind his voice. "If you two have a problem then fight it out or get over it. You're both getting paid to help him so act like it." His eyes zero'd in on Goldy. "Or are guilds so shitty that they don't teach you that simple concept?" His eyes darted of to Eliana. "And you Fae are supposed to be really fucking old right? So you get that his needs and wants are before yours don't you."

After saying what needed to be said he took the situation of travel into his own hands.

If they're going to stop the damn thing every 5 minutes why do we even have the sack of garbage?

Dwek approached the back of the WCMD and leaned against it. He began to push it. The process was by no mean efficient but it was movement. As he pushed the once stationary WCMD his eyes faced forward. An intense glare was placed in front of him, though, it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. His once happy(ish) mood was ruined and he was slightly pissed again. As he pushed he decided his plan of action if the two didn't shape up.
Back to top Go down
Ezoroth
Gamemaster
Ezoroth

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:09 am

Dhadaeryn watched the events unfold, and he felt that as soon as Dweknel appeared, things would be settled.

But they weren't, and suddenly Dweknel was pulling the vehicle. However, this was not what angered Dhadaeryn the most, as he was respectful of Dweknel's impatience to carry on what needed to be carried on. He was angered about Eliana and Goldy. They needed to get over there past or they would end up being the death of each-other.

They WILL be the death of each-other. There is no possible way for them to get through what they are about to be thrown into without them getting along. Maybe they would value their own lives? No, he didn't want them to feel like running from the mission, even if they are quote on quote brave and up to challenges. He looked from one to the other and sighed.

"Listen, unless you two want to kill each-other, let your past go. Eliana, one of the main things you're doing in this quest is leaving your past behind you, and making a new life for yourself. Goldy, you are a bounty hunter, I think you know what happens when bounty hunters can't control their tongue. Ever hear of Ripper?"

He was about to continue his thoughts, but the thought of Ripper stopped him. Ripper was known as the best of the best, and he ended up letting out too much information and saynig too many things about the wrong people, leading to the slaughter of both his entire Bounty Hunting faction and a near armies worth of men, him being the only survivor.
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:31 am

"Oh well, I guess we'll have to see how you handle it, right? I mean, you can try to drive it, or you can give me the candies and we can start driving again. Its up to you, now." Goldy hated Eliana and the smirk that always sat on her lips. The look of smugness and the taunting words. Goldy scoffed, reaching into the bag, grabbing more candies, and plopping them into her mouth, making sure to imitate Eliana's smirk. She was about ready to act when a big fist was pushed into her head. She winced and nearly swallowed a couple candies whole.

"If you two have a problem then fight it out or get over it. You're both getting paid to help him so act like it." She wasn't expecting Dweknel to be right there. To be honest, she sort of forgot about him until this very moment. He glared at Goldy. "Or are guilds so shitty that they don't teach you that simple concept?"

Instantly, her expression turned to that which spoke of silent rage. Eyebrows furrowed, eyes narrowed, fists at her side. She held her breath, muscles tense, as she tried to calm down. People could call her stupid and mock her all they wanted. One thing that made her angry was when somebody insulted the guild she so highly held. Whatever she had done to make everyone so angry with her, that was her issue. Not the guild's. Holding her breath kept her from lashing out.

"And you Fae are supposed to be really fucking old right? So you get that his needs and wants are before yours don't you."

He then left. Seconds later the WCMD was moving again, probably from him pushing it. Goldy leaned back, swallowing the shrunken pieces of candy that remained in her mouth. One of her eyes twitched as she glared up at Eliana and Dhadaeryn.

"Listen, unless you two want to kill each-other, let your past go. Eliana, one of the main things you're doing in this quest is leaving your past behind you, and making a new life for yourself. Goldy, you are a bounty hunter, I think you know what happens when bounty hunters can't control their tongue. Ever hear of Ripper?"

"I'm nothing like Ripper." Goldy snapped, tossing the candies at Eliana. Her stomach felt woozy from the handfuls she had downed. Her cravings were sated, but now the fires in her eyes were hungry. "I've controlled my tongue quite well, if I do say so myself! All I was doing was describing my usual job routine, like you asked. It isn't my fault she turned salty over it. I don't need a scolding."
Back to top Go down
Meme Queen

Meme Queen

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Eliana's smirk faded into a frown as Goldy shoved a few more pieces of candy into her mouth. She grumbled something under her breath, when she was hit by a massive fist to her head. She winced, closing both eyes and moving her hands closer to her head. "If you two have a problem then fight it out or get over it. You're both getting paid to help him so act like it." The brute of a man had said. She opened one eye and glared over at Goldy.

Dweknel had said something, and from what Eliana could see Goldy hadn't taken it too fondly. She opened both eyes and smirked again, her smug attitude coming back to her once again until-- "And you Fae are supposed to be really fucking old right? So you get that his needs and wants are before yours don't you." He had lashed out at her, now, too.

Eliana's complacent look turned bitter and annoyed as she turned her glance to him. He hadn't stayed long enough for her to say a stupid or witty comment, so she rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Whatever." Her voice a bit cold, after all she just basically got called extremely childish. Basically.

Dweknel had left to go push the thing, whatever it was called, and when he had left-- Dhadaeryn spoke up to the her and Goldy. She gave a sideways glance of minor interest to what he had to say. "Listen, unless you two want to kill each-other, let your past go. Eliana, one of the main things you're doing in this quest is leaving your past behind you, and making a new life for yourself." Eliana's eyes widened and she turned her head and looked daggers at him. He began to speak to Goldy now, mentioning something about Ripper? Whatever that was.

"I'm nothing like Ripper." Well, wahtever it was, Goldy wasn't clearly taking it so well. Goldy had tossed the candies back to Eliana and the fae looked forward again, facing away from both of the people. She muttered under her breath quietly, and ate another piece of candy. Eliana had been pretty quiet this entire time, actually. It seemed odd, and a bit out of place even to her. She went to take another piece of candy, but then Goldy had said something.

"It isn't my fault she turned salty over it. I don't need a scolding."

Eliana turned around instantly and scowled at Goldy. "The hell you just say?" She spoke up, her voice a bit violent. "Did you just call me salty?" Eliana dropped the candies carelessly and pointed at Goldy, looking a bit more intimidating than she had at all this journey. "We wouldn't even have to be in this situation if you hadn't just left! You shoulda leaved me alone! I don't care what type'a bounty hunter you wanna be, but I know for sure you won't ever make that much of a good one!" She yelled violently, bringing insults into it. "I don't need to be here." She grumbled, turning away from the bounty hunter, crossing her arms and lowering her voice. "Hell if I care about what you guys want. I'm jus' doing this to have something to do." She huffed sharply under her breath and flipped her hair. "I'm not salty over anythin'." She lied.
Back to top Go down
Patinpending

Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Dwek Was slightly surprised to see Dhadaeryn backing him up.

Didn't expect that.

Everything seemed alright as Goldy tossed Eliana the bag. She said something but he didn't care about what they were saying. He was just bothered by the fact that he would most likely have to babysit the two actual adults instead of the child.

The hell you just say?"

When he heard that he decided he was done. He stopped pushing and pulled his stuff out of the WCMD. He listened closely to what she was saying as he put everything back on. By the time he had done this she said something like "I don't need to be here."

That was the last straw. He waited politely until she finished.

Since everyone is losing their shit maybe I should also.

"Will you please SHUT THE FUCK UP? If you don't wana be here then fucking walk. None of us have time to babysit a fucking brat." He could feel his Body getting hotter and hotter. His eyes began to brighten. Every single muscle in his body was telling him to break something...or someone. He continued with his voice even louder than before. "YOU DON'T GET TO TALK ABOUT SHIT. YOU DECIDED TO COME BECAUSE OF WHAT HE WAS GOING TO PAY YOU. I'M GETTIN JACK SHIT. SO I'M GONNA TAKE YOUR ADVICE BECAUSE" he changed to a whinny tone of voice " 'I don't need to be here'"

He walked stormed away from the WCMD. He unhooked a knife and threw it at Eliana's hand. It would go pretty deep into her hand but it wouldn't come out the other side. He yelled over his shoulder "If you don't care about what we want that shouldn't be a problem."

He needed to cool off. If he hadn't removed himself from the situation he might have just broken the WCMD to pieces. If anyone was sent after him or decided to follow him they should probably listen to what he says and not make any snarky remarks.

He was walking into the field when he felt like he was being watched. It wasn't anyone of the three still in the WCMD. I was definitely someone else. It felt...familiar. The wind began to blow softly from the south. It was perfect.

Dwek began taking deep breathes; not in order to calm down but to maybe catch a faint scent. He kept walking but was getting nothing. If it was a large group he would have caught them out by now. It had to be one or two people. If that was the case he knew the scent he should be looking for. He changed course move with the wind.

She was looking at him from a good ways away. It was a shame that he still couldn't deal with people like that. Well, she didn't know exactly what had happened but it had to be something little to piss him off that much.

She was almost proud that he had grown that much since she had seen him. That was until he threw a knife; consider all faith lost.

She spoke aloud to herself "Fucking A you should really learn to socialize Dwek." Her eyes opened up as he suddenly scanned the area she was in.

Uh oh.

She decided to move before it was too late. Then she felt a gust of wind and knew that it was too late. He would know the direction someone was watching him from. She was a good ways out but she wouldn't be able to get away from him. She decided to take him farther away from the group. She didn't want them to ruin their reunion.

Master is gonna be really pissed.
Back to top Go down
Ezoroth
Gamemaster
Ezoroth

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Dhadaeryn watched as the events unfolded. He watched Dweknel's body language, and felt that something was off.

There it is, a knife. Dhadaeryn grabbed Eliana's hand and quickly pulled it back, the knife sticking into the vehicle. He then turned his attention back to Goldy.

"Yes, however, your actions and wording gave away a bit more than you may have meant to. Eliana took your words as more of a threat than you had meant, which -- Eliana will most likely not admit to this -- was too rash of an assumption. You looked at Eliana in slight thought, signifying that you still felt that it was a failure. Along with that, I doubt the others could tell, but you most likely made a movement toward some hidden weapon. Though I didn't see it, your face tells the story of you body, and your thoughts. What were you reminiscing?" Dhadaeryn hadn't made a single breath throughout the entirety of his talk.

"And Eliana, control your emotions."
Back to top Go down
Euse

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:12 pm

"The hell you just say? Did you just call me salty?" Goldy rolled her eyes. How touchy. The fae was getting quite upset, which made Goldy flinch a little. She wasn't scared of her, though. "We wouldn't even have to be in this situation if you hadn't just left! You shoulda leaved me alone! I don't care what type'a bounty hunter you wanna be, but I know for sure you won't ever make that much of a good one!"

Goldy raised her eyebrows at the insult. She could so many things in response, all that would prove Eliana wrong. The fae was just pulling at strings. The words stung, though. "I don't need to be here. Hell if I care about what you guys want. I'm jus' doing this to have something to do." Controlling the tongue that wanted to call Eliana foul names, Goldy ran a hand over her own face and let out a sigh. She'd try to stop the ill-feelings. The boys were right; she was getting paid and this was a job. She had to complete the job to the best of her ability.

Next, up stomped Dweknel who looked absolutely pissed. It was directed at Eliana this time, though. "Will you please SHUT THE FUCK UP? If you don't wana be here then fucking walk. None of us have time to babysit a fucking brat. YOU DON'T GET TO TALK ABOUT SHIT. YOU DECIDED TO COME BECAUSE OF WHAT HE WAS GOING TO PAY YOU. I'M GETTIN JACK SHIT. SO I'M GONNA TAKE YOUR ADVICE BECAUSE..." he paused and, in his best imitation of Eliana, said "'I don't need to be here'"

Goldy chuckled lightly, but quickly covered her mouth so nobody would notice. Dweknel stomped off, and the three were left alone once more. Goldy opened her mouth to speak just as Dhadaeryn jerked forward and pulled Eliana's hand back, making a knife miss it narrowly and plunge into another seat in the WCMD. Goldy stared in awe. She heard a shout from Dweknel. Holy crap, he threw a knife at her?

Dhadaeryn looked as calm as ever. His eyes were on her again. As soon as he started to speak, she wished that he would stop. "Yes, however, your actions and wording gave away a bit more than you may have meant to. Eliana took your words as more of a threat than you had meant, which -- Eliana will most likely not admit to this -- was too rash of an assumption. You looked at Eliana in slight thought, signifying that you still felt that it was a failure. Along with that, I doubt the others could tell, but you most likely made a movement toward some hidden weapon. Though I didn't see it, your face tells the story of you body, and your thoughts. What were you reminiscing?"

Okay, Goldy knew that she talked fast sometimes. This was a different kind of fast, a smart fast. One that left her mind blank as she tried to process it all. He analyzed her in such a detailed way that she felt a little creeped out. She couldn't tell if the question what rhetorical or not, but either way she didn't plan to answer.

"And Eliana, control your emotions."
Back to top Go down
Patinpending

Patinpending

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:15 am

Dwek was doing his best to locate whoever was watching him. He had to make sure that it wasn't someone collecting information on him. If word got out about is whereabouts he' have a lot of "work" to do.

He wandered for a bit trying to find something, anything until he found it. There was a patch of grass on top of a small hill that was flattened. Whatever left it was human. Trailing away from it were small patches of grass that were also flattened. It was lighter than before though. The person was running away but they weren't running. He followed the trail with a light jog. He would catch the person eventually.

Nope.

The gras was now extremely flat with bits of mud on the grass surrounding the foot prints. They were full sprint now. He began to sprint as well. He was going to get them. He was going to find out what they knew.

He followed the trail left behind even farther for a couple of miles. He began to lose his breath when he saw a house on the horizon. It was falling apart and seemed to be abandoned. An old farm house maybe?

Soon he arrived at the steps of the house. He was on guard now. He leaned against the wall to the side of the door and slowly opened it. Once it was fully opened he peaked inside. Nothing. He slowly moved in. The floor boards creaked under his weight. He continued into the foyer. He heard foots steps from around the corner. He shifted his weight onto one leg preparing to dodge but the floor buckled under him and his foot fell through. The assaliant came around the corner and threw 3 knives.

Time slowed. Dweks breathing became loud within his own mind. His eye shot upwards to the ceiling. It was hanging too low for him to use his greatsword. He moved his arm in front of his face to block the knives. There was no way he could dodge. Time sped back up to its normal pace. The first two bounced off of his arm guard and the third pierced his hand all the way through.

He didn't know it but a smile slowly inched across his face. This person was good.

He saw them run into another room. He only got a glance but it seemed to be a woman. He couldn't be sure though as its clothes were hiding any clues and it was wearing a child's mask.

Dwek forced his foot out of the hole and chased his attacker. He heard footsteps going up what seemed to be stairs. As he rounded the same corner he pulled out his dagger. he was met with the stairs and another set of knives flew at him. He blocked all three this time. It dashed away again and he ran up the stairs after it.

When he reached the top of the steps he saw a single door was still opening. He ran in only to find an empty room with a closet door. He heard movement in the closet. He swung it open. There was a small hole and an odd sizziling sound.

ShitshitshitSHIT!

There was a small explosion. He jumped backwards landing on his back. The second his full weight hit the floor he fell through. Not even 3 seconds had passed since he hit the ground on the bottom floor but he still felt weight on top of him. When his eyes opened he saw the mask. A knive was moving quickly at his face. He moved his head by instinct, only receiving a nick on his face, and flung his fist upwards. It collided with its face and it fell backwards. Perfect. Dwek moved quickly for his size and was on top of it now. He grabbed his dagger with both hands and swung downwards with his full force. It did the same but he took the punch and went at it again. on the second attempt it grabbed onto his wrist, stopping him from continuing, causing a power struggle.

The fight was nearing its conclusion. A voice spoke out to him. It was familiar to him.

"A-ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! YOU WIN! NOW STOP TRYING TO KILL ME."

He quickly pulled off the mask and was met by a familiar face as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings in Zaphis   Beginnings in Zaphis - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginnings in Zaphis
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay Forum :: Deleted Crap-
Jump to: